Daloy Dance Company‘s Erick Dizon and Buboy Raquitico will Compete In Korea International Modern Dance Competition.
These two dancers will represent our country under the tutelage of Ea Torrado, with their strong will and vigorous training for sure they will make our country proud.
- Dancer and Teacher of Modern Jazz, Ethnic and Folk, and Contemporary Dance
- President of the University of the Philippines Filipiniana Dance Group (2011-2013)
- Performed in local and international tours with the UP Filipiniana Dance Group
- Choreographed Fork Road for the UP Filipiniana Dance Group, which won BestChoreography and was awarded the Top Prize at Dancelebration 2014, a long running dance competition hosted by the La Salle Dance Company Contemporary
- Collaborated with his mentor Ea Torrado in performances at the Cultural Center of the Philippines, Dance Forum: Myra Beltran, and Intramuros
- Performed lead role in Dots (2013) and Nga-nga for Karnabal: A Def. Defying Festival
- Performed F by Al Garcia and The Sky Changed by PJ Rebullida
- Peformed Papet in Canton – FRINGE MAnila Festival – at CCP Theater
- Performed in Dysmorphilia at PETA Theatre Center- Imaginarium Festival
- Alumnus of the UP Streetdance Club, the official hiphop dance group of the University of the Philippines; competed during the first Skechers Streetdance Battle, an annual hiphop dance competition and Dancelebration
- Trained in jazz dance with the late Danny Marshall of Douglas Nierras Powerdance (DNP); contemporary dance with former DNP artist, Andrew Ondo, and Chameleons Dance Company choreographers, Manuel Malonzo and Jun Saagundo
- Performed in Contemporary Dance Network Manila’s Rosas ng Maynila, in commemoration of Anne Teresa Keersmaeker’s “Rosas Danst Rosas”
- Choreographed pieces for university-based dance groups and other corporate and non-profit organizations: collaboration with world music ensemble, Ustemundo of University of Sto. Tomas during the Pasinaya 2014 at Cultural Center of the Philippines; MedGroove competition pieces for St. Luke’s Dance Company for three consecutive years; directed and choreographed for “Sayawikain,” an annual dance production of the UST
College of Music Dance Troupe; organized a flash mob choreography for Save the Children’s “2014 Race for Survival,” an advocacy event to end malnutrition
- Apprentice of Daloy Dance Company, a contemporary dance theater group and has performed in several of its productions such as Ea Torrado’s “Himalaya” (of “Canton Atbpa.”, FRINGE Manila Arts Festival 2015),
“Unearthing” (Karnabal Festival 2015), Jared Luna’s “Amburukay,” and “Chrysalis,” an art installation by contemporary fine artist, Leeroy New
Daloy Dance Company is composed of a rare mix of artists with diverse backgrounds in theatre, music, ballet, jazz, folk dance, street dance, contemporary and modern, who value dance as a powerful medium that reflects a deeper human language.
Founded and spearheaded by its Artistic Director, Ea Torrado, the company aims to create a community of dance artists and collaborators in order to give rise to new perspectives and possibilities in contemporary dance. In bringing the arts to new heights, Daloy seeks balance between going with the flow and keeping centred. Staying in the present while continuously striving to grow into the future, drives Daloy in presenting works with passion, power and fluidity. These reflect the company’s open-minded attitude towards experimentation as it aims to create works of art that deepen human connections, impact people from multiple cultures, and foster unity, empathy and compassion among different communities; all while keeping a standard of excellence in performing and choreography.